The Summerland Sanitary District has the following job vacancy:
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator I
Compensation: $4,476 to $5,526 Monthly Filing deadline: 07/01/2021
Under direct supervision of the supervising operator, the Treatment Plant Operator I operates and maintains an advanced wastewater treatment plant, collection system and laboratory to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory agency requirements; monitors the treatment processes and performs a wide variety of skilled technical duties including, laboratory analyses and facility maintenance.
- Maintains, compiles and updates plant operations logs and reports; performs routine tests and monitors related to plant operations, such as; flow rates, PH levels, chlorine residuals, dissolved oxygen levels, temperature, chemical usage, e-coli levels, liquid level readings, electric power consumption, fuel usage, sludge wasting and disposal site records, daily diary and equipment maintenance records.
- Performs treatment plant inspections, including monitoring and documenting plant operations by reading gauges, dials, level indicators, recorder, meters, digital readouts, SCADA information and other instruments.
- Monitors control panels and informs supervising operator of need to adjust valves, gates, pumps and blowers to regulate process flows.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all plant processes, including observation, lubrication, adjustments, cleaning and part replacement.
- Performs routine replacements and/or repair of treatment equipment, and laboratory equipment and other facilities.
- Collects wastewater samples, conducts laboratory tests and calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Operates trucks, backhoe, front-end loader, portable air compressor, portable pumps, portable generators, various hand tools and other equipment for the maintenance and repair of facilities, buildings and grounds.
- Performs maintenance of grounds and buildings including, but not limited to: painting, application of protective coatings, refurbishing, gardening and custodial tasks
- Participates in the daily operation and routine maintenance of wastewater pump station tasks.
- Performs routine preventive and corrective maintenance on wastewater collection facilities including cleaning, repairs, and CCTV.
- Participates in construction, maintenance, and repair work involving the wastewater collection system.
- Performs weekend and overtime duties.
- Other special projects or duties as assigned by the supervising operator
Job Required Certifications
SWRCB Grade I Wastewater Operator License – required
Valid CA Driver’s License – required
Employee Benefits include:
Health Insurance: Fully paid for employee only
Dental & Vision Insurance: Fully paid for employee only
Life Insurance: $ 20,000 policy
Vacation Leave: 80 hrs. (1- 5 yrs.), 120 hrs (6-10 yrs.), 160 hrs (11-15 yrs), 200 hrs (15+ yrs.)
Sick Leave; 13 days per year
Holidays: 12 days per year (includes 1 floating holiday)
Retirement Program: Santa Barbara County Retirement System (reciprocity with Pers)
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, hear and speak. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Final Filing Date; July 1, 2021: To be considered for this career opportunity, please forward a letter of interest, your resume and the district’s employment application form to Operations Manager Mr. Noe Aguilar Vega, Summerland Sanitary District, P.O. Box 417, Summerland, CA 93067. The employment application can be downloaded from the District’s website: www.summerlandsd.org or can be requested by email at email@example.com.
Selection Procedure: After the final filing date, applications will be reviewed. Candidates with qualifications best meeting the needs of SSD will be invited to participate in an interview process. All applicants will be notified by mail regarding further participation in the selection process. Travel costs are at the applicant’s expense. Applicants considered for appointment will be required to undergo a post-job offer, pre-employment medical examination including drug testing and a thorough background investigation.